Subject: Re: Vistapro software
From: David Jester <[email-masked]>
To: "Nash, Bruce" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 1995 09:31:36 -0800 (PST)

Hi Bruce,

You'll no doubt get lots of feedback on this but...

VistaPro was first developed on the Amiga, in fact it was available for 
years and years until they recently ported 3.0 to PC and Mac. Actually, I 
think it was a complete multi-platform rewrite, not a port. Anyway, it's 
a 3D Landscape generator.

Landscape generators generally accept US Geological Service Digital 
Elevation Maps (DEM's) and allow you to modify them with a variety of 
painting/modeling tools. You then set-up a Camera path (or in some cases, 
import a motion file from other software) and render the pictures. High 
Quality renders take a long time even on the fastest machine. You can 
also export the DEM's geometry to 3D data readable by many renderers.

The current hype is for World Construction Set, not sure what other 
platforms it's on, but it is available for Amiga. I haven't even seen 
this software yet, but it seems to have lots of cool features, and is 
targeted to Lightwave users. Please let me know what you hear about it.

Later,
Darren Metcalfe
Posting from...

==David Jester=================PRO VIDEO PRODUCTIONS / the.jester.works==
= [email-masked]          The Jest in the Northwest since 1978   =
=====================================Portland OR.  (503) 248 9669========